Instead of taking your family to a loud restaurant for yet another awkward outing (let’s face it – we always find something to argue about), why not invite mom over for a lovingly prepared meal instead? Here, nine recipe ideas for a laid-back Mother’s Day lunch chez toi.
1. Kale-Apple Salad with Parmesan Chips and Tahini Dressing – My go-to I’m-having-people-over salad
2. Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Crostini – All-time favorite hors d’oeuvre
3. Bacon and Blue Cheese Savory Cake – A David Lebovitz favorite
5. Pan-Fried Purple Potatoes with Cilantro Gremolata – Sounds schmancy but really isn’t
6. Homemade Gravlax – Goes great with potatoes above, as well as on bagels (the curing process takes three days, so get started ASAP!)
8. Challah-Banana Pudding with Rum Crème Anglaise – If your family loves bread and booze as much as mine does
9. The Best Brownies Ever (Seriously.)
If you’re not yet feeling confident enough to cook for other people, invite the family over for a bottle of wine and the ultimate no-cook meal.
And, of course, you’re gonna need cocktails.