Welcome to A Few of My Favorite Things, a monthly series where I share the books, articles, home goods and girly items I’m currently digging. This month’s installment is my 2016 holiday gift guide.
1. Mimi Thorisson‘s new book, French Country Cooking. Let’s face it: we all dream of packing up our lives, moving to the French countryside to restore a chateau, hosting pop-up dinners at said chateau, and having like 12 kids while we’re at it… or is that just me? Well, Mimi is living that exact dream as we speak. Get this book for your beloved Francophile friend!
2. Moo business cards. Got a budding entrepreneur on your list? Get them a box of the most beautiful, yet affordable, business cards around. Moo cards are printed on the best quality paper, in standard and mini sizes, and with options of rounded or square edges. Best of all, they offer the option of printing a different photo on the back of every single card, which is perfect for creatives who want to show off their work. As an added bonus, the cards arrive in a sleek box that can be proudly displayed on any desk. I’ve been using Moo for years and love, love, love them. (Gift cards are available, too.)
3. Indie food magazine subscriptions – my current favorites are Cherry Bombe (which highlights kick-ass women in the food industry) and Jarry (which explores the intersection of food and LGBTQ culture). Both feature incredible stories and are impeccably designed.
4. Shibori-dyed linen cocktail napkins from Food52. These gorgeous specimens are hand-dyed with natural indigo in the Japanese tradition, so every napkin is unique. This is a great gift for your foodie Instagrammer friend who’d love to add a little je-ne-sais-quoi to their recipe pics – or for anyone who enjoys beautiful homewares.
5. A Rifle Paper Co. 2017 planner. Rifle makes the most gorgeous girly planners around – they’re the gold standard for ladies everywhere who opt for pen-to-paper planning instead of phone apps (like me!). I just bought this beauty and it makes me happy every time I pick it up.
6. Jam from Sqirl in Los Angeles. Nothing says ‘I love you’ like giving your boo a jar of jam to be shared on a lazy Sunday morning. Sqirl was one of my favorite stops on our road trip to Los Angeles. They make some the most revered artisanal jams in the country using local, seasonal ingredients. Original flavors include Strawberry & Rose Geranium, Plum & Flowering Thyme, and many more.
7. Gigogne Tumblers from Duralex. This French-made classic is shatterproof and absolutely beautiful. A staple of many NYC restaurants, it is also my go-to vessel for that après-work gin and tonic at home. But really it’s perfect for all kinds of beverages, hot or cold. Duralex makes a great gift for that one person who is impossible to shop for.
8. *Stocking stuffer alert!* The Breakfast at Tiffany’s collection from OPI. With colors like “Got the Mean Reds”, “Ring the Buzzer Again” and “Meet my ‘Decorator'”, these gift sets are sure to be loved by any fan of the movie – which is, like, everyone.