I realize the term ‘white wine spritzer’ conjures the image of a watered down, flavorless, bargain booze cocktail, but this baby right here is not for the faint of heart. This drink is for those who like it spicy, herby, and bursting with flavor. This is a big girl cocktail.
Pitcher cocktails are ideal for brunch parties, backyard cookouts, and basically any occasion when you’re entertaining more than one person. This drink has been the cornerstone of many parties my friends and I have thrown, and I can’t wait to share another pitcher of it (or three) with them this summer.
The inspiration for this spritzer came from a Mexican restaurant in SoHo where I once had dinner several years ago. Unfortunately, the meal was depressingly underwhelming (hence why I can’t remember its name) but this drink was a show-stopper. Spicy, thanks to jalapenos, and refreshing, thanks to cilantro and lime, this low-alcohol drink is dangerously drinkable, making it perfect for summertime hangouts that seamlessly go from day to night. The Spicy Senorita goes great with guacamole, tacos, grilled meats, and other south-of-the-border faves. Cheers to summer!Print
Pitcher cocktails are ideal for brunch parties, backyard cookouts, and basically any occasion when you’re entertaining more than one person. The Spicy Senorita goes great with guacamole, tacos, grilled meats, and other south-of-the-border faves.
- Half or whole jalapeno (depending on your preferred heat level), thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 generous handful cilantro leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- One 750 ml bottle dry white wine
- 1 cup seltzer water
- In a pitcher, combine jalapeno, lime, cilantro and sugar. Using a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon, muddle ingredients until lime juice is released, cilantro begins to break down and sugar begins to dissolve, 1-2 minutes. Stir in wine.
- Top off with seltzer water right before serving. Serve over ice.