This avocado peach salad is perfect for using up end-of-summer produce! (Inspired by this Bon Appetit recipe)
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 1 seedless English cucumber, partially peeled and cut into ⅓-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh mint leaves (See Note 1)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon za’atar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds (See Note 2)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, holding on to some of the sunflower seeds for garnishing. Gently toss to combine, then taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed. Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with the remaining seeds, and serve immediately.
- If you don’t like/can’t find fresh mint, use basil or cilantro.
- Freshly toasted seeds are always better than store-bought. To toast raw sunflower seeds, place them in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Toast, tossing occasionally, until the seeds are fragrant and lightly golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 19.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.6 g
- Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
Keywords: salad, summer, avocado, peach, cucumber