This easy curried chickpea salad is made with pantry staples in just 5 minutes!
- Two 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 3 cups cooked chickpeas, see Note)
- 1 small shallot, finely diced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup white raisins
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients from chickpeas through curry powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- The salad will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
*To cook dried chickpeas from scratch, soak them overnight in a large volume of water. Then drain, place in a pot, and fill with enough water to cover by 2 to 3 inches. Add a teaspoon of salt, cover tightly with a lid, and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the chickpeas are cooked through, 40-60 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 255
Keywords: chickpeas, curry, salad, vegan, raisins