This 5-minute curried chickpea salad is my go-to plant-based alternative to chicken or tuna salad.
- Two 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 3 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 small shallot, finely diced (about 3 tablespoons) (See note below)
- 1/4 cup white raisins
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional (if making sandwiches): Sandwich bread of your choice + sprouts or baby arugula
- Place the chickpeas in a large shallow bowl and mash with a potato masher or large fork until most of the chickpeas are broken down.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to coat throughly. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed. (The salad will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.)
You can substitute the shallot with red onion.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 240
Keywords: chickpeas, curry, salad, vegan, raisins