This healthy peanut butter banana smoothie is made with nutritious ingredients like oats, hemp seeds, and cocoa powder.
- A handful of ice cubes
- 1 frozen ripe banana (See Note)
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add more ice or milk if an icier or thinner consistency is desired. You can also add a splash of maple syrup or a pitted Medjool date if you prefer a sweeter smoothie.
To freeze ripe bananas, peel them, break into 1-inch chunks, wrap in plastic, and freeze until solid. Frozen bananas will keep in the freezer for at least 1 month.
- Calories: 420
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 16.9 g
Keywords: smoothie, banana, peanut butter, oats, breakfast