This super simple kale with garlic and lemon calls for just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes on the stove.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large or 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 medium bunch curly kale, stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Add the kale, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat in the oil. Add the water and cook until the kale wilts and turns bright green and the water is evaporated, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Turn the heat off and stir in the lemon juice.
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrates: 10.5 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 3 g