This poached flounder with tomatoes and lemon is so easy and so low maintenance, I’m convinced it’s the perfect fish recipe for beginners.
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes (preferably ‘low sodium’ or ‘no salt added’)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon) + a few lemon slices
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill (basil, cilantro or parsley also work), plus more to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt + freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3/4 pound flounder fillets, cut into serving portions
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- In an 8×8″ baking dish, stir together the tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
- Slide the fish into the sauce, sprinkle with extra salt and pepper, and top with the lemon slices. Bake just until the fish is opaque, 10-12 minutes. Garnish with extra herbs, if desired, and serve immediately.