This vegan and gluten-free lavender peach crisp with oats is the perfect lazy person’s dessert.
For the Filling
- 4 peaches (about 1 ¾ pounds)
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 3/4 tsp dried lavender flowers (See Note)
For the Topping
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil OR melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Vegan vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Slice off the flesh of the peaches, cutting around the pits. Then cut the peaches into chunky slices.
- In an 8×8″ baking dish, pie pan, or similarly sized oven dish, toss together the peaches, lemon zest and juice, and lavender.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, and salt. Add the oats and coconut. Using a rubber spatula, stir until the oats are evenly coated.
- Scatter the oat topping over the peaches and cover the dish with foil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the peaches are starting to soften. Remove the foil and continue baking until the topping is golden brown, 15 to 20 longer.
- Serve warm, with ice cream.
If you don’t like lavender, feel free to leave it out, or substitute with vanilla.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 240
Keywords: peaches, oats, lavender, vegan, gluten-free