Here is a classic peanut butter granola recipe. Keep it simple with just 5 ingredients, or switch it up with nuts and seeds, warming spices, and different oils and nut butters.
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chia or hemp seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup well-stirred natural peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, nuts, and seeds, if using.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, sweetener, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon, if using. Whisk until smooth. Pour the oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until the oats are evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet (do not stir), and continue baking until the granola is fragrant and golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely (don’t stir yet) – the granola will become crunchy and form clusters as it cools. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several weeks.
- Serving Size: About 3/4 cup
- Calories: 300
Keywords: vegan, peanut butter, granola, coconut oil, breakfast