Need a crowd-pleasing low-effort dish for a summer picnic or potluck? Look no further than this 5-ingredient pesto pasta salad recipe.
- 8 ounces (half of a standard box) gemelli or another short pasta
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into thin half-moons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (about 1 1/2 cups), halved
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup pesto (store-bought or homemade)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and pesto.
- Generously salt the boiling water and cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and rinse under running water until cool.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temp or cold. (Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.)
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 10.2 g
Keywords: summer, pesto, pasta, salad, vegan