This summery potato salad with radishes and sugar snap peas is perfect for picnics and outdoor cookouts.
- 1 ½ pounds baby potatoes, scrubbed
- Fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon brown or Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bunch radishes, sliced paper-thin
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, strings removed, and diagonally sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- Halve the small potatoes and quarter the larger ones to create approximately 1-inch pieces. Place in a large pot, add enough water to cover the potatoes by about 2 inches, and season generously with salt. Cover tightly with a lid and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low and simmer with the lid ajar until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt, and whisk to combine. While continually whisking, gradually stream in the olive oil.
- Drain the potatoes, return to the pot, and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to cool a little.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the radishes, peas, parsley, capers, the still-warm potatoes, and the vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 135
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
Keywords: potatoes, potato salad, radishes, sugar snap peas