This simple purple potatoes recipe can elevate the most mundane of weeknight dinners, and would be great at your next oceanside picnic, too.
- 1 pound small purple potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Thoroughly wash potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1″ pieces – either halving or quartering potatoes, depending on their size.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes can be pierced with a fork with little resistance, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until browned throughout, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cilantro, garlic, lemon zest and remaining tablespoon oil.
- Toss hot potatoes with cilantro gremolata. Taste and season with salt, if needed. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Calories: 153
- Sodium: 125 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 2.7 g