These spiced pumpkin seeds are the perfect crunchy garnish for toasts, bowls, and soups.
- 1/2 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas)
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt and black pepper
- Place the seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Toast, tossing frequently to keep the seeds from burning, until they’re fragrant, lightly browned, a little puffed, and making a slight crackling sound, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, add the oil, and toss to coat. Then season with the paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat again.
- Cool completely before storing. These seeds will keep in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
Keywords: pumpkin seeds, pepitas, garnish, topping, smoked paprika