This eggy strawberry clafoutis is creamy on the inside, a bit crispy around the edges, and perfumed with vanilla throughout. Bonus: It’s dairy-free! (Adapted from The French Market Cookbook by Clotilde Dusoulier)
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of your choice
- Oil or butter for greasing the baking dish
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir to incorporate. Gradually stream in the milk while continually whisking until no lumps remain.
- Lightly grease a glass or ceramic pie dish. Place the strawberries in the dish and pour the batter on top.
- Bake until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool for about 15 minutes before serving. (Leftover clafoutis can be stored tightly covered in the fridge for up to 3 days).
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 175
Keywords: clafoutis, strawberry, french, dessert, dairy free