This tahini dressing is perfect for salads, grains bowls, falafel, and veggie burgers. You may also use it as a dip for crudités.
- 1 packed cup cilantro leaves with tender stems (about 1 small bunch)
- 1/2 cup well-stirred tahini (see note below)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Combine all the ingredients in a blender, Vitamix, or Nutribullet. Puree until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed. Scrape into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Be sure to read the ingredient label when purchasing tahini – the only ingredient should be sesame seeds. Tahini can vary in taste and texture depending on the brand. You may have to try a few before settling on one you like. In my experience, middle eastern brands are the best, and the lighter the color of the tahini, the less bitter it is. Whole Foods 365 is a reliable option.
- Be careful not to overblend the sauce. Too much blending may overheat your tahini and alter its taste (making it too bitter).
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 96
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: dressing, tahini, lime, cilantro