This fuss-free tempeh bacon recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and great for batch-cooking.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- One 8-ounce package of tempeh, cut into ¼-inch-thick strips (See Note)
- In a bowl, whisk together the tamari, oil, maple syrup, and paprika. Place the tempeh slices in a shallow dish and pour the marinade on top, turning the tempeh slices to make sure all the slices are covered. Let stand for 30 to 60 minutes, gently tossing the tempeh once to make sure it’s marinating evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the tempeh from the marinade and place on the prepared baking sheet, evenly spacing the slices in a single layer. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. The tempeh bacon will crisp as it cools.
Most tempeh is made from just soy beans, while some contains grains like rice or barley. If gluten is a concern for you, look for a certified gluten-free version.
- Serving Size: 4 strips
- Calories: 115
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 6.6 g