Tomato toast on garlicky bread is an irresistible end-of-summer treat. All you need is 5 minutes and less than a handful of ingredients.
- 1 thick slice of the best sourdough bread you can find (preferably whole wheat)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fat garlic clove
- 1 magical summer tomato, sliced
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Brush or drizzle both sides of the bread with oil. Place in a skillet over medium-low heat and toast until golden on both sides.
- When the toast is cool enough to handle but still warm, cut the garlic clove in half and rub it all over both sides of the bread – starting by rubbing the hard crust first, so the garlic gets roughed up a bit.
- Top the toast with tomato slices, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Calories: 225
Keywords: tomato, toast, garlic, vegan, summer