A super easy vegan sheet pan dinner with curry-seasoned vegetables and tofu. Ideal for weeknights and meal prep.
For the Sheet Pan
- One 14-ounce package “super firm” or “extra firm” tofu
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms (about 15 medium), stemmed and quartered
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces* (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Bowls
- 1 cup brown rice
- Fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup well-stirred tahini*
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 Persian or kirby cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs, like cilantro, dill, mint and/or parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed, grated, or finely minced
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC).
- If using “super firm” tofu, skip this step. If using extra firm, press it in a tofu press or: place it on a plate, then top with another plate or cutting board, and weigh it down with something heavy, like a couple of cans, to squeeze out excess water. Let stand for 15 minutes, periodically draining off the water.
- Start the rice. In a small pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup rice. Turn the heat down to low and cook covered (without stirring) until all the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Then turn the heat off and let stand covered (still not stirring) for another 10 minutes.
- Place the chopped mushrooms, green beans, and bell pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet. Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and add to the veg. Add 2 tablespoons oil, 2 teaspoons curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and lots of pepper. Toss with your hands to coat everything evenly.
- Roast until the vegetables are browned around the edges, about 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk 1/3 cup tahini, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 grated garlic clove, and a pinch of salt into a lumpy mixture. Then whisk in 2-3 tablespoons water to form a creamy sauce.
- Grate the cucumber then, using your hands, squeeze it over the sink to get rid of excess water. Add the cuke to the sauce along with 2 tablespoons herbs, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- To serve, divide the rice among bowls, top with the tofu mixture, and serve with the sauce.
- Feel free to swap in whatever veg you have, as long as the volume stays roughly the same: think broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels, zucchini, sweet potatoes, carrots, halved cherry tomatoes, etc.
- Not a fan of curry? Sub with smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, and/or garlic powder.
- Tahini varies in taste and texture depending on the brand. In my experience, middle eastern brands are best, and the lighter the color of the tahini, the less bitter it is. Look for raw (not roasted) sesame tahini if possible. Whole Foods 365 brand is a great option.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 20.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.3 g
- Fiber: 7.2 g
- Protein: 17.3 g
Keywords: vegan, sheet pan, dinner, tofu, roasted veggies