These vegan tater tot nachos are packed with Mexican flavors and crispy, crunchy, creamy textures. Perfect for parties, potlucks, and brunches.
For the Tots and Toppings
- One 32-ounce bag frozen tater tots
- 1/3 cup mayo* (see note below)
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- 1 cup canned or home-cooked black or pinto beans
- 4 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 vine tomatoes, diced
- 3 large scallions, sliced
- 2–3 pickled jalapeños, thinly sliced
- A generous handful of fresh cilantro
For the Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced cilantro
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven and roast the tater tots according to package directions until golden and crispy. (Line the baking sheet with foil for easier cleanup and be sure to roast in a single layer for ultimate crispness).
- Meanwhile, make the spicy mayo (alternatively, use store-bought chipotle mayo). Place 1/3 cup mayo in a bowl and stir in a tablespoon of chipotle sauce. Taste and add more if you want it spicier.
- Make the guacamole. In a medium shallow bowl, mash 2 avocados with a fork until smooth. Then add 2 tablespoons diced red onion, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon minced cilantro, and salt. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- To assemble, place half of the tots on a large serving dish. Dollop with the guac and scatter half of the beans, lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, jalapeños, cilantro, and diced red onion on top. Drizzle with the mayo. Repeat layers with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
- You can make your own spicy mayo by mixing mayo with chipotle sauce (sold on its own or spooned out of a can of chipotle peppers) – or buy ready-made chipotle mayo.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 440
Keywords: vegan, tater tots, nachos, guacamole