This avocado and bean toast is a perfect weekday breakfast. Beans are a great way to add plant-based protein to this ubiquitous vegan meal.
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled
- ¼ cup cooked butter beans (home-cooked or canned)
- 1–2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 thick slice whole wheat sourdough, toasted
- 1 tablespoon toasted sunflower seeds
- Handful of sprouts (like alfalfa, broccoli, radish, etc.)
- In a bowl, combine the avocado, beans, lemon juice, and salt. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Spread the mixture on the toast and sprinkle with the seeds and sprouts. Slice in half, and enjoy.
- Calories: 460
- Fiber: 12.3 g
- Protein: 14.8 g
Keywords: breakfast, toast, avocado, beans