This high-protein avocado bean toast with kimchi and sunflower seeds is a quick and satisfying savory vegan breakfast. Ready in 5 minutes!
- ½ medium ripe avocado, peeled
- ¼ cup canned or home-cooked white beans, like butter beans, cannellini, or great northern
- 1–2 teaspoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 thick slice whole wheat sourdough or multigrain bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon toasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons chopped kimchi
- In a small shallow bowl, combine the avocado, beans, lemon juice, and pinches of salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Spread the mixture on the toast and top with the seeds and kimchi. Slice in half and enjoy.
To toast raw seeds, cook them in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until golden and fragrant, tossing frequently, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 toast
- Calories: 385
- Fiber: 13.6 g
- Protein: 10.6 g
Keywords: breakfast, toast, avocado, beans