This make-ahead breakfast recipe is perfect for eating at home or grabbing to go! (Bonus: it’s vegan, gluten-free, and high in protein)
For the Granola
- 2 ½ cups “old fashioned” rolled oats
- ½ cup raw sliced almonds (or chopped nuts of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
For the Chia Pudding
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- (Optional flavorings: vanilla extract, cinnamon, matcha, cocoa powder)
- To make the granola, preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, nuts, and chia seeds. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt and whisk until smooth. Pour the oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until the oats are evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes (resist the urge to stir the granola), then rotate the baking sheet, and continue baking until the granola is fragrant and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely (do not stir) – the granola will become crunchy and form clusters as it cools. Scatter the cranberries over the top and transfer granola to an airtight container. It will keep at room temperature for up to several weeks.
- To make the chia pudding, in a large bowl, combine the milk, chia seeds, and syrup and whisk. Let stand 10 minutes. Whisk again to break up any clumps. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the pudding gels, at least a few hours or overnight. The chia pudding should be thick, creamy, and without any clumps. Taste and sweeten with more syrup, if needed. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serve the chia pudding topped with fruit and granola.
- Calories: 500
Keywords: breakfast, vegan, chia pudding, granola