This panzanella with beans is packed with summery flavors like cherry tomatoes, avocado, and fresh herbs. It’s the perfect picnic food! (Developed in partnership with Yondu)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 large slices of crusty bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- One 14-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- 1 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped (See Note)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Yondu umami seasoning
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread and season with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and pinches of salt and pepper. Toast, tossing frequently, until the bread is crispy and golden brown but still a little chewy, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, place the beans, tomatoes, avocado, parsley, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon Yondu, pepper to taste, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Toss to combine. Stir in the croutons.
You can substitute with basil, cilantro, and/or dill.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 16.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.5 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
Keywords: panzanella, beans, salad, tomatoes, avocado