You only need 4 ingredients to make these vegan peanut butter energy balls. Perfect for midday snacking and eating on-the-go.
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds (or any other nuts)
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or any other nut butter), stirred well
- 1/2 cup melted coconut butter (if you don’t have any, use double the amount of peanut butter instead)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chia or hemp seeds (*optional)
- Place the nuts in a Vitamix or food processor fitted with the blade attachment, and pulse until they’re ground into small bits. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the dates, peanut butter, coconut butter, and salt in the food processor. Puree until everything is evenly incorporated, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Transfer the paste to the bowl with the nuts and add the seeds, if using. Using your hands, mash the mixture together to incorporate.
- Pinch off a bit of the mixture (about the size of a ping pong ball) and form into a ball with your hands. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
Keywords: energy balls, almond, peanut butter, coconut butter