This roasted cauliflower with tahini is a fancy, restaurant-inspired side dish. All vegan and super easy to make!
For the Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pitted Medjool dates, finely diced
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup well-stirred tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 4 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Place the cauliflower on a large rimmed baking sheet and add the oil, coriander, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Roast until the cauliflower is crispy, tossing once halfway through cooking, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small bowl, using a fork, stir together the tahini, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Then add the garlic, curry powder, salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons water, and whisk again until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- To serve, spread about 1/3 of the sauce on a serving platter and scatter the cauliflower on top. Drizzle with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the dates.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 18.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
Keywords: cauliflower, tahini, dates, curry