These decadent vegan tahini brownies are simple to make and feature a magical miso-laced swirl. (Adapted from All Recipes)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup turbinado (raw) sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 melted unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup well-stirred tahini
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 2 teaspoons honey (maple syrup also works)
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8×8” baking pan with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until incorporated. Add the water and oil; stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together the tahini, miso, and honey.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the greased baking pan and dollop the tahini mixture across the top. Drag a toothpick or butter knife through the tahini dollops to spread them out across the surface.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tahini looks caramelized and the brownies pull away from the sides of the pan. Sprinkle with salt after baking. Cool for 30 to 60 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Serving Size: 1/9 of the recipe
- Calories: 335
Keywords: tahini, miso, brownies, vegan